Solutions for storage tanks and secondary containment areas
Belzona provide a wide range of metal and concrete repair composites and epoxy coatings to repair storage tanks and secondary containment areas and protect them from the effects of erosion, corrosion and chemical attack.
Belzona offer a variety of metal repair composites and epoxy coatings specifically created for the maintenance of storage tanks, including solutions such as tank base sealing, erosion and corrosion protection, cold bonding and leak sealing. Belzona's cold-curing materials eliminate hot work, therefore ensuring safe and easy maintenance. Our high strength epoxy concrete repair products quickly restore secondary containment areas and damaged concrete whilst providing excellent chemical and impact resistance, as well as compressive strength.
Repair and protection of tank internals
Storage tanks internally affected by erosion, corrosion and chemical attack can be rapidly repaired and protected using Belzona polymeric repair materials and coatings that will bond to many construction materials including GRP, FRP, steel and concrete.
Belzona materials will:
- Allow immediate leak sealing and cold plate bonding in tanks using fast-curing materials such as Belzona 1221 (Super E-Metal) and Belzona 1212
- Provide permanent restoration of concrete and steel surfaces
- Repair existing linings including glass flakes, rubber linings or epoxy linings
- Provide long-term erosion, corrosion and chemical resistance using high strength epoxy coatings such as Belzona 1391 (Ceramic HT) and Belzona 5811 (Immersion Grade)
- Reduce downtime and offsite storage costs using spray-applied, fast-curing materials with exceptional durability
- Offer a chemically resistant, static dissipative coating, in the form of Belzona 4351, to protect areas highly susceptible to electrostatic accumulation
External tank repair and protection
Belzona's epoxy repair composites and coatings are specifically designed to provide external protection for storage tanks and process vessels which can be applied in situ even to hot equipment. Our materials offer exceptional bond strength allowing cold bonding of equipment to tank externals, eliminating the need for hot work. Belzona solutions for tank externals include:
- Spray-applied, corrosion resistant epoxy coatings such as Belzona 5111 (Ceramic Cladding) provide easy-clean surfaces and long-term corrosion protection for tank external surfaces
- High adhesion epoxy composites, such as surface-tolerant Belzona 1212, are used to restore tank integrity by plate bonding or to attach external equipment to the tank including wind breakers, fire deluge systems, brackets, supports and many more
- Tank base sealing using 'breathable' solvent-free coatings such as Belzona 3111 (Flexible Membrane) which prevent water ingress under the tank whilst allowing trapped moisture to escape
- In addition Belzona offer composite patches in the form of Belzona SuperWrap II. These repairs can be designed and applied in accordance with ISO 24817 or ASME PCC-2 to provide mathematically designed pressure retaining patch repairs
Secondary containment repair and protection
Damaged concrete floors and walls of secondary containment can be rapidly repaired with Belzona concrete repair composites, which reduce downtime and provide exceptional compressive strength, good impact resistance and excellent adhesion to concrete. Our chemical resistant coatings such as Belzona 4311 (Magma CR1) and Belzona 4341 (Magma CR4) will provide long-term chemical protection against a wide range of substances including acids and alkalis even at high temperatures. In addition, Belzona 4361 is ideally suited to protect chemical containment areas as it will stay intact in the event of concrete cracking underneath. Due to its superior flexibility and resistance to a wide range of chemicals, it is able to bridge cracks without any damage to the coating’s integrity. Belzona's versatile chemical linings can be applied by brush or by spray equipment, further speeding up the application and reducing downtime.
Belzona solutions for secondary containment areas include:
- Hard wearing concrete repair composites for infilling damage and resurfacing degraded areas
- Pourable epoxy resins such as Belzona 4151 (Magma-Quartz Resin) are ideally suited for crack filling, grouting, shimming and bonding of equipment
- Lightweight concrete repair materials such as Belzona 4141 (Magma-Build) are ideal for repairs on vertical surfaces without the need for shuttering or supports while curing
- Spray- or brush-applied, fast-curing epoxy coatings designed specifically to provide chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals at a variety of temperatures
- Creation of safety grip and walkways inside secondary containment areas with safety grip systems